Did you know that your laundry room can trigger respiratory infections, allergies, asthma and general breathing difficulties? Beyond physical health, a disorganized or poorly functioning laundry room can affect your mental health, too. With some help from your Dallas-Fort Worth area dryer vent cleaning company and our one-week plan, you can clear out the lint, get organized and live in a healthier home.
For a healthier laundry room, simply follow the plan below. Remember to schedule your dryer vent cleaning company visit in advance for day seven. Their service plays a big role in home health and safety.
Day One: Fully Clean Your Washer and Dryer
Clean appliances run better and get your laundry cleaner. This day’s tasks include:
- Deep cleaning the washer
- Deep cleaning the dryer
- Scheduling the dryer vent cleaning company
Clean the Washer
To clean your washer, take the following measures:
- Clean the exterior of your washer using a sponge or soft cloth dampened with cleaning solution
- Use the same sponge or cloth to clean inside the washer’s lid
- Ensure you clean the rubber seals on the lid
- For a washer with a lint trap or removable detergent dispenser, remove these and clean with warm, soapy water
- Use cotton swabs to remove grime and built-up gunk from crevices, seals and inside the lid
- Pour one to two cups of white vinegar into the empty washer and run it on the hottest cycle
Clean the Dryer
Schedule your dryer vent cleaning company to clean the dryer vent as well as the inside of your dryer, just beyond the lint filter. You can likely see built up dust and debris in this area. Not only does this lint aggravate breathing conditions, it also creates a fire risk.
After ensuring you have the dryer vent cleaning company scheduled for their end of your maintenance, follow these steps:
- Clean the exterior of your dryer using a sponge or soft cloth dampened with cleaning solution
- Remove the lint filter and built-up lint from the filter compartment
Remember that it is dangerous to remove the cover of your dryer and you should not do so under any circumstances. Have pros with proper training and equipment provide this service for you. Simply call a dryer vent cleaning company for assistance.
Day Two: Free Yourself from Grime and Clutter
Clear all of the junk from the top of the washer, dryer and other surfaces in your laundry room. Also throw out empty containers, used dryer sheets, unnecessary objects and other trash. Throw out bottles of fluids you do not use. Next, tackle lint balls all over the room.
Once you complete those steps, move onto to these:
- Vacuum your laundry room from floor to ceiling and everywhere in between, including under the appliances and furniture
- Wash or spot clean furnishings, rugs and other textiles
- Clean counter tops, doors and shelves using an all-purpose cleaner
- Mop the floor, particularly the corners and under the edges of the appliances
- If you can safely move the appliances aside enough to clean the floor beneath them, do so
Day Three: Organize for a Healthier Laundry Room
After decluttering on day two, you can more easily organize your laundry room.
- Sort standard laundry products into those you use in every load and those you only use sometimes. In the “sometimes” category are supplies like stain fighters. Store your daily products close to the washer. Place the less often used products on another shelf for occasional access. Use open trays or baskets to organize.
- Place a decorative bowl for loose change, safety pins, buttons, dollar bills and other things that fall out of pockets.
- Place a small trash can nearby for easier disposal of dryer sheets and lint.
Day Four: Inventory Your Supplies and Maintenance Services
Now that you decluttered your supplies on day three, you are ready to inventory your laundry supplies. Purchase back-ups and store them in the proper space to stay organized.
Items to ensure you have on hand include:
- Mending kit
- Ironing board
- White vinegar for stain removal and machine cleaning
- Folding drying rack
- Clothing steamer
Day Five: Make Your Space Relaxing
For laundry in an unfinished basement or garage, consider adding some relaxing touches. Tips include:
- Soft lighting
- One or more outdoor rugs
- Room divider screen
- Attractive baskets
Day Six: Establish Your Routine
Tips for managing your laundry and not letting it manage you include:
- Sorting laundry instead of creating piles
- Designating a basket or bin to separate hand washables
- Leaving the washer door open for a better smelling laundry room
- Cleaning the lint filter with every use
- Scheduling routine service by a dryer vent cleaning company
Day Seven: Service by Your Dryer Vent Cleaning Company
You should already have an appointment with your dryer vent cleaning company. On this day, let them do their part to help you have a healthier laundry room. Their work helps you avoid risk for fires, rodent and bird nests in the vent, or other lint-related dangers. This service also helps you keep your home environment cleaner.
In the Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas area, call the pros of Superior Dryer Vent Cleaning for your dryer vent installation, relocation and cleaning needs. Learn more about our services and schedule your appointment by calling (214) 494-9740.